"What Will You Celebrate?"
Beginning Jan. 1, 2009, Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will invite guests to celebrate their lives’ special moments – large and small – with family and friends at the place where dreams come true. New research shows that families are planning trips around life’s special moments, memories and milestones to celebrate with loved ones. It’s a newly identified, national trend dubbed by experts as “celebration vacations.”
Crowning the celebration is a Disney Parks first: Guests can receive free admission to one of the Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks on their birthday in 2009. All it takes is a valid ID including proof of birth date. (Guests who already hold a multi-day ticket or an annual pass that they will use on their birthday can choose an alternate birthday treat instead, but will not be entitled to a cash refund or credit.) Guests can and start the process by registering their birthdays at www.disneyparks.com.
Birthdays, food & beverage options
At Walt Disney World Resort, guests can add on to the fun, choosing from more than 200 experiences ranging from breathtaking (magical fireworks cruises, sunrise safaris, diving the depths with undersea creatures) to mirth-making (Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, character dining, kids’ pirate adventures). At Disneyland Resort, celebrants can book more than 50 magical experiences, including “My Disneyland Birthday Party” and unique Disneyland guided tours.
With all there is to do in Disney parks, guests can tailor their celebration with favorite attractions, favorite characters and special experiences. Maybe they have a “princess” day with themed meals, shows, attractions and perfectly princess merchandise at Disneyland. Or they turn Walt Disney World “wild” with trail riding, bass fishing and water skiing.
Planning any event can be a challenge. With Disney’s new celebration planning tools, it’s easier than ever for guests to plan celebrations large and small, customizing and personalizing each experience and tending to all the details, from a special cake to an elaborate one-of-a-kind celebration that only Disney could create.
Thanks to new Web tools, guests can discover magical experiences, unique events, dining enhancements and more.
Disney’s planning services allow guests to stay focused on what really matters – the people closest to them. And vacation packages make celebrating at Disney right for any budget.
Customizing Your Celebration
Depending on the Disney park they are headed to, guests can order everything from special dining to princess tea parties, from yacht cruises to treasure hunting on a pirate sailing adventure, from a quiet trail ride to parasailing thrills. Or they can opt for magical experiences for their group – from dessert parties to a Magic Kingdom fireworks cruise to special entertainment.
Among add-on experiences guests can choose to customize their “celebration vacation”:
- Custom Bakery Cakes and Signature Desserts: Disney chefs create an unforgettable finale to a special dinner with a beautifully decorated cake themed to any occasion or a new line of celebration desserts.
- For Lovebirds: Sweetheart dinners for two in which couples can clink “Celebrate Today!” champagne flutes.
- Family Portraits: Capture the memory with a portrait session with Walt Disney World photographers. Build a custom photo album with Disney’s PhotoPass.
- Personalized Souvenirs: Mark your occasion with personalized Mouse ears, character T-shirts and collectible pins.
- Decorate Your Disney Guest Room: Step into a resort room decorated to fit your celebration theme with confetti, banners, surprises and more.
- Stay Inside a Dream Theme: Book a themed guest room at either destination – princess-themed or Mickey-inspired at Disneyland or – coming in 2009 – pirate-themed at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Set Sail: Book a private romantic cruise on a yacht or set your party afloat on a shared magical fireworks voyage.
- Go Inside the Magic: Behind-the-scenes tours take you inside the storytelling, adventure and history of Disney Parks.
- Disney Story Book Experiences: Choose from pirate adventures, tea parties, princess makeovers and more – all with the magic of Disney.
- Disneyland Parties: “Celebration Roundup and Barbecue at Big Thunder Ranch,” all-new, is a full-blown party complete with frontier entertainment, goodie bags and a surprise treat for everyone – no matter what they’re celebrating. “My Disneyland Birthday Party” features cake decorating, party hats and even Mickey and Minnie pay a visit.
Celebrating in the Parks
Disney is unwrapping all-new entertainmentwith memory-makers in mind, allowing guests to focus their celebration on favorite characters, favorite attractions and favorite stories to create a custom celebration in the park. New park experiences coming in 2009 for all park guests to enjoy:
- Street Parties: Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Park come to life with interactive street parties. The call to “Celebrate Today!” goes out to guests, music floods the streets, dancing kicks into high gear and the parks become “the happiest party on Earth.”
- Tomorrowland Party: A high-energy, retro-futuristic music video dance party features Stitch, an interactive dance troupe, and a DJ celebration host who’s inviting all Walt Disney World guests to come party, dance and celebrate.
- Park Décor: The parks will be decorated with colorful banners, balloons and festive party
hats – as if awaiting your celebration.
- Buttons: Complimentary celebration buttons will help Disney cast members and fellow guests recognize you and your celebration.