"Wishes" features the voices of:
- Jiminy Cricket , the Blue Fairy and Pinocchio (from 1940's "Pinocchio")
- Snow White and the wicked Queen (from 1937's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs")
- Cinderella (from 1950's "Cinderella")
- Peter Pan (from 1953's "Peter Pan")
- Ariel (from 1989's "The Little Mermaid")
- Aladdin and Genie (from 1992's "Aladdin")
- Tinker Bell (also from "Peter Pan"), flies from atop Cinderella Castle during a key moment in the show.
Creator/show director: Steven Davison
Davison, creative director with Walt Disney Creative Entertainment, also developed the "Believe. . .There's Magic in the Stars" fireworks spectacular at Disneyland.
Fireworks designer: Eric Tucker
An award-winning pyrotechnics designer whose credits span the globe, Tucker previously designed the fireworks for "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth" at Epcot.
Music director: Steve Skorija
As music director for Walt Disney Entertainment, Skorija oversees music production for live entertainment and special events at Walt Disney World Resort.
Composer/arranger: Gregory Smith
Smith previously worked on such Walt Disney World productions as "IllumiNations 25" and "Splashtacular" at Epcot, and the "Mickey Mania" parade at Magic Kingdom.
In addition to Gregory Smith's original theme, which is based on the children's nursery rhyme "Starlight, Star Bright," the score for "Wishes" contains portions of 15 songs from 10 classic Disney animated features:
- "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" (1937)
- "Pinocchio" (1940)
- "Fantasia" (1940)
- "Cinderella" (1950)
- "Peter Pan" (1953)
- "Sleeping Beauty" (1959)
- "The Little Mermaid" (1989)
- "Beauty and the Beast" (1991)
- "Aladdin" (1992)
- "Hercules" (1997)
"Wishes" features several new locations for launching fireworks that create brilliant bursts of light around Cinderella Castle, plus pyrotechnic effects never seen before in a Disney theme park, including several developed especially for the show:
- The show's "wishing star" crests approximately 100 feet above the castle's bright spires.
- The Blue Fairy is represented with a spectacular star-shaped shell that "paints" each wish high in the sky with enchanted starlight.
"Wishes" was created in honor of the launch of Magical Gatherings, a celebration of the magic that occurs when friends and extended family reconnect at Walt Disney World Resort. The show is designed to bring guests together at night for a heart-tugging spectacle that will create lasting memories for everyone.