Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World
Star Wars Weekends returns to the Walt Disney World Resort during May and June 2012, as Disney’s Hollywood Studios celebrates the Star Wars film saga and the hit animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
The annual special event, included in regular theme park admission, will be held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 18-June 10, 2012.
The power of the Force and magic of Disney combine as plenty of out-of-this-world characters – including Wookiees, droids, Ewoks, bounty hunters and Jedi – roam the streets of Disney’s Hollywood Studios for meet-and-greet opportunities with guests.
The centerpiece of the celebration is the spectacular 3-D attraction, “Star Tours – The Adventures Continue.” The attraction, which opened last spring at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, uses eye-popping 3-D, a dramatic musical score and motion simulator-based technology to immerse guests in the Star Wars galaxy like never before.
“Jedi Training Academy,” one of the interactive entertainment experiences at the theme park, allows young guests to learn from a Jedi Master before testing their newly acquired skills in a battle with Darth Vader.
Also featured at Star Wars Weekends: the chance for fans to purchase one-of-a-kind Star Wars memorabilia, Star Wars games, plus there’s special Star Wars parades and motorcades, star conversations and autograph sessions with Star Wars actors and creative talent (celebrity lineup will be announced at a later date). The ever-popular “Hyperspace Hoopla” ends each Star Wars Weekends day with a show filled with comedy, dancing, high-energy music and many of the famed Star Wars characters.
Reviews & Ratings
Celebrity Lineup (2012)
Star Wars celebrity guests scheduled to appear this year include:
Weekend I (May 18 – 20)
- Ray Park – (Darth Maul – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Jerome Blake (Rune Haako/Mas Amedda – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Dee Bradley Baker (voice of Clone Captain Rex and Clone Commander Cody – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Weekend II (May 25- 27)
- Andy Secombe (Watto – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Ray Park (Darth Maul – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Tom Kane (voice of Yoda – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Weekend III (June 1 -3)
- Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Silas Carson (Nute Gunray/Ki-Adi-Mundi – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- (Star Wars: The Clone Wars voice talent – currently TBD)
Weekend IV (June 8- 10)
- Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett – Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi)
- Daniel Logan (Boba Fett – Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones)
- Nika Futterman (voice of Asajj Ventress – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
And the fun doesn't stop there. Other festival highlights include:
- Stars of the Saga -- Visiting Star Wars celebrities take part in daily autograph sessions, talk show-style conversations and Hollywood-style motorcades.
- To Endor... and Back? -- Guests can take flight to the moon of Endor in Star Tours, an action-packed flight simulator that salutes the Star Wars series.
- One-of-a-Kind Collectibles -- Star Wars fans will find a treasure trove of event-exclusive Star Wars memorabilia -- from limited-edition Disney character figures (clad in famous Star Wars costumes), trading pins and commemorative posters to apparel, medallions, action figures and other commemorative items.
- Legends of the Force -- Star Wars characters, celebrities and more are featured in a daily motorcade which travels from the entrance of the theme park to the Star Tours attraction.
- Behind the Force -- A behind-the-scenes film presentation shows guests some of the movie magic Lucasfilm Ltd. created to bring the Star Wars saga to the cinema.
- Hyperspace Hoopla -- A nightly grand finale featuring Star Wars characters and high-energy music brings each event day to a close.
The Characters will be with You
Immerse yourself in the saga with your favorite celebrities and characters from the film series.
Jango Fett Jawas
FASTPASS Autograph Sessions
Disney’s FASTPASS® Service will be utilized
for all Autograph Sessions.
• Your Theme Park admission ticket allows
you to receive a FASTPASS ticket.
Limited number available.
• Just pick up your FASTPASS ticket
with a designated autograph return time.
Now you are free to experience other
Star Wars Weekends activities.
• At your designated time, return to the
autograph location, where you will have
little or no wait for your autograph.
• FASTPASS tickets are based on limited
availability and are distributed on a
first-come, first-served basis.
• Each guest must be present to receive a
FASTPASS ticket. You may not get tickets
for other members of your party.
You must have a FASTPASS ticket to receive an
• Once the FASTPASS tickets for an actor
are distributed, we will distribute a limited
number of “stand-by” tickets with a return
time. Based on availabilty, you will have the
opportunity to get one FASTPASS or one
stand-by ticket per actor. Due to the limited
availablity of tickets, once you have received
a FASTPASS for an actor, you will not be
eligible to get a stand-by ticket for that actor.
• “Stand-by” tickets do not guarantee you an
FASTPASS for autographs will be distributed
outside the Disney’s Hollywood Studios™
Main Entrance to the right of the turnstiles.
Distribution may begin prior to park opening
based on demand.