Tickets and Packages Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an advantage to buying my tickets ahead of time (prior to arrival)?
Yes. You can save time and money. Save time when you buy tickets online, have them mailed to you, and head right through the turnstiles at Walt Disney World® Resort. You can select Magic Your Way Theme Park Tickets, Annual Passes, Single Day Tickets to Water Parks, and more! And save money when you buy Magic Your Way tickets of five or more days with the Park Hopper® Option or Water Park Fun & More Option* included. (Tickets must be purchased prior to arrival.)
What does the Magic Your Way Base Ticket include?
With Magic Your Way Tickets, you can select how many days you want tickets for - keeping in mind that the per-day price gets lower the longer you play. The basic ticket is a Magic Your Way Base Ticket, which gives entry to one Theme Park a day every day of your ticket, for each member of your travel party.
You can select three exciting Options to customize each ticket to meet the needs and preferences of your entire travel party or, when purchasing your tickets without accommodations, you can select different tickets for each member of your travel party:
Again, when purchasing tickets only, you can arrange for all the members of your travel party to have the same tickets, or for members of your travel party who may have different preferences or schedules to have individually customized tickets.
- Add the Park Hopper® Option to your ticket to come and go through multiple theme parks on the same day as many times as you like.
- Include the Water Park Fun & More Option* (formerly the Magic Plus Pack Option) to add admission to your choice of other Disney excitement like the Water Parks, DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park and Pleasure Island!
- Select the No Expiration Option to ensure any unused tickets days are available for your next visit.
* Water Parks subject to seasonal or weather closures. Age restrictions may apply for access to certain facilities.
Is there an expiration date on the tickets?
The Magic Your Way Base Tickets expire 14 days from their first use. However, when you add the No Expiration Option to your ticket, you're free to come back and take advantage of unused days at any time in the future.
I ordered my tickets for Will Call; when and where can I pick them up?
Ticket orders placed before midnight (Eastern Time) can be picked up the next day. Upon arrival, pick up your Will Call ticket order at one of the following ticket sales locations: Epcot®, Disney's Animal Kingdom™ Theme Park, Disney-MGM Studios or the Ticket and Transportation Center at Magic Kingdom® Park. You will need to present your Will Call certificate along with a valid photo I.D. (e.g., driver's license, passport or military I.D.).
Are tickets transferable? Can I give them to someone else to use the remaining days?
Please note that all Magic Your Way Tickets are nontransferable and must be used by the same person on any and all days. The person who uses the ticket for the very first time must use the ticket for its entirety. Any tickets that are transferred are in violation of this restriction and are invalid for admission.
Can new tickets be upgraded once they're purchased?
Yes, the new Magic Your Way tickets can be upgraded before your vacation begins, or within the 14-day window you have to use the ticket after it's first used. Upgrades include extending the ticket length (i.e., adding more days) or adding any combination of Options: the Park Hopper® Option, the Water Park Fun & More Option*) and/or the No Expiration Option.
Can I upgrade an existing ticket? Can a Park Hopper® ticket purchased before these new tickets were introduced be upgraded?
In general, you can upgrade to any type of ticket – provided the new ticket is of equal or greater value than the old ticket – by simply paying the difference. However, no refunds will be issued if the new ticket is of lesser value.
Is there a ticket that will allow me to visit the Water Parks and other Walt Disney World® attractions?
Yes. If you purchase the Water Park Fun & More Option* (formerly the Magic Plus Pack Option), you can add admission to your choice of two fabulous Water Parks, DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park, the wide variety of entertainment venues at Pleasure Island, or Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex.
The number of Water Park Fun & More* visits depends on the number of days in your Magic Your Way Ticket:
- 1-3 days 3 visits
- 4-5 days 4 visits
- 6 days 5 visits
- 7-10 days 6 visits
Is there a ticket that will allow me to visit more than one Park every day?
Yes. If you purchase the Park Hopper® Option, you can come and go through multiple Theme Parks on the same day as many times as you like.
What happens if I don't use all the days on my ticket?
The Magic Your Way Base Tickets expire 14 days from their first use. However, when you add the No Expiration Option to your ticket, you're able to come back and take advantage of unused days at any time in the future.
I'm planning to stay at Walt Disney World® Resort for more than seven days. Is there a ticket that's longer than the 7-Day Magic Your Way Ticket?
If you expect to stay at Walt Disney World® Resort longer than seven days, you can purchase a 10-day Magic Your Way Ticket, or your best value may be to purchase a Seasonal Pass or Annual Pass. As a Passholder, you will enjoy even more benefits.
Will Walt Disney World® tickets purchased years ago still be honored?
Walt Disney World® Resort will continue to honor all tickets purchased prior to the announcement of the new pricing structure that began on January 2, 2005.
Can I get discounted tickets?
Yes, Maple Leaf Tickets offer the full range of Disney World and other Orlando Theme Park tickets at discounted prices. Click here for a list and to buy.
What types of Magic Your Way vacation packages are there?
You will always be able to select one of three types of packages:
- The Magic Your Way Package – Includes a Disney Resort stay at a Value, Moderate, Deluxe or Disney Vacation Club Resort and a Magic Your Way Base Ticket that gives each member of your travel party entry to one Theme Park every ticket day. You can then add additional ticket Options.
- The Magic Your Way Plus Dining Package – Once you've created the Magic Your Way package that best meets your needs, add the Disney Dining Plan and choose the meals you and your family want for up to 30% savings. Dining options include over 100 participating counter–service, table–service and Signature Dining Disney restaurants.
- The Magic Your Way Premium Package – Discover all the delights of Walt Disney World® Resort with this outstanding package of Resort Stay, the Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper® and Water Park Fun & More Options*, the Disney Dining Plan, plus recreation and entertainment. Please note that the length of the Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper® and Water Park Fun & More Options* with this package must be the number of resort nights plus 1 day – for example, a 4–night stay with a 5–day ticket.
How do I redeem my Magic Your Way vacation package features?
Most Magic Your Way vacation package components are fulfilled upon check-in at your Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel. You will either receive a printed voucher or use your personalized Disney Resort ID card to redeem meals, recreation and other package features. For the Magic Your Way Plus Dining Package and the Magic Your Way Premium Package, a voucher may be mailed with your travel documents.
If I arrive prior to the standard Resort check-in time, can I get my tickets and other vacation package components to start my vacation?
Yes. Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels will issue your Magic Your Way vacation package and purchased options when you arrive. If you take advantage of Disney's Magical Express service, you can enjoy complimentary ground transportation to and from the Orlando airport – and we'll take you directly to the Theme Park or recreation facility of your choice and then deliver your luggage to your room.
What is included with the Disney Dining Plan?
The Disney Dining Plan includes one counter-service meal, one snack, and one table-service meal per person, per night of your stay for everyone in your travel party ages 3+. For example, a party of four that is staying for five nights would receive 20 counter-service meals, 20 snacks, and 20 table-service meals to use during the current trip.
How does the Disney Dining Plan work?
Use your meals and snacks in any order and in any amount throughout your stay until your total is completed. For example, on the day of arrival your travel party of four could use four counter-service meals, and then on day two your party could use four table-service meals, four counter-service meals, and two snacks. You can continue using meals any way you like for the rest of your stay until the number of meals allotted are completed.
Present your Key to the World card to your server prior to ordering, so your server knows to charge meals to your Disney Dining Plan. Applicable taxes and gratuities are already prepaid and included. Your meal usage will be tracked electronically to your room reservation. Each time you redeem meals or snacks from your Disney Dining Plan, your server or cashier will provide you with a receipt showing your remaining balance.
How can I get the Disney Dining Plan?
When you stay at a Disney Resort and purchase a Magic Your Way Base Package (additional options available), you will always be able to select the Magic Your Way Plus Dining Package, which allows you to add the Disney Dining Plan and choose the meals you and your family want for up to 30% savings.
If I purchase the Magic Your Way Premium Package, should I call ahead to make reservations and arrangements for its features?
Yes. Be sure to plan out your favorite activities in advance. You can make arrangements prior to arrival for selected dining, recreation and entertainment by calling:
- Reservations for dining up to 180 days in advance by calling (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463)†
- Cirque du Soleil® show LaNouba™ tickets at (407) 939-7600)† up to 180 days in advance
- Golf tee times at (407) WDW-GOLF (939-4653)† or online at DisneyGolf.com up to 120 days in advance
- Selected recreation including guided fishing excursions, horseback riding, parasailing, tubing, water-skiing and wakeboarding at (407)WDW-PLAY 939-7529)† up to 90 days in advance
- Tours at (407) WDW-TOUR (939-8687)† up to one year in advance
- Children's Activity Centers at (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463)† up to 90 days in advance
Are gratuities included with the Magic Your Way Plus Dining Package and the Magic Your Way Premium Package?
Yes. As a benefit of purchasing these packages, all gratuities are automatically included where applicable.